Thursday, June 27, 2013

Wrap Up


      So we are finally done here in London and it truly is a really sad time. We just said bye to the entire team and me and Jake are leaving for Belgium in a few hours. I couldn't of asked for a better group and a better time in London. My internship was great experience and I met people that I will be friends with for the rest of my life. This experience has taught me a lot about identity and who actually represents a true British person. There is a major complexity of identity going on in London and being able to see all of the cultures mix was very interesting to digest. It was awesome to have a class teaching us about identity and then being able to go out, explore and realize what kind of identity struggles were going on in London. This experience has taught me to be proud about being an American and never be afraid to say it. Everyone should be proud of where they came from and they should say it with pride. Not that I ever wasn't proud but some people aren't proud because of what we stand for and what others view us as. But I learned to be prideful in where you came from no matter what. When I come back to the UK I would love to visit the outside places from London especially more North. I wish I could of visited more places like Glasgow and Manchester while I stayed here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment